Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Featuring Pilobolus Dance Theater
Date: Saturday, July 8, 2017
Time: Wine and Beer Reception with Plentiful and Delicious Hors d'Oeuvres and Silent Auction at 6 pm; Performance at 7 pm
Location: Orpheum Film & Performing Arts Center, 6050 Main Street, Village of Tannersville (CLICK HERE for directions)
Various ticket levels available: see below
- $5,000.00 Diamond Club--includes eight tickets to the Benefit, one theatre seat plaque for the Orpheum Performing Arts Center, with your personalized inscription; six movie passes; and six tickets to a CMF performing arts event in the 2017 season
- $2,500.00 Platinum Club--includes four tickets to the Benefit, six movie passes, and four tickets to a CMF performing arts event in the 2017 season
- $1,000.00 Gold Club--includes two tickets to the Benefit, six movie passes and two tickets to the CMF performing arts event in the 2017 season
- $500.00 Producer's Club--includes two tickets to the Benefit plus four movie passes
- $250.00 Director's Club--includes one ticket to the Benefit plus two movie passes
- $135.00 Patron--includes one ticket to the Benefit
“We’ve never encountered a group of people so game to try anything, and so physically formidable and beautiful that they can do impossible stuff and make it look like art”
—Teller, the shorter, quieter half of Penn & Teller
“There are other companies that take art to extremes, but Pilobolus proves once more that it does it best.”
“If the dance world has a summer blockbuster equivalent, it must be Pilobolus.”
Pilobolus is an internationally acclaimed arts organization renowned for its unique, diverse collaborations that break the barriers between creative disciplines. The company is committed to constantly making things, always creating collaboratively, and continually exploring new ways of using the human body as a graphic and expressive medium.
Pilobolus was founded in 1971 by a group of Dartmouth College students with no training in dance and no interest in playing by the rules of classical dance technique. They employed an inventive naïveté that the contemporary Pilobolus organization still energetically applies to the diversity of opportunities in today’s world.
The company puts its intense creative energy into action in the communities where it performs, teaching groups of people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities new ways of thinking independently, forming genuine human connection, working collaboratively, and finding beauty in unexpected places.
Pilobolus has created and toured over 120 pieces of repertory to more than 65 countries and currently performs its work each year for over 300,000 people across the U.S. and around the world. In recent years, Pilobolus has been frequently featured on U.S. Television on The 79th Annual Academy Awards Broadcast, 60 Minutes, Sesame Street, Oprah, Ellen, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, and recently on the December 3, 2015 Today Show.
The company has been recognized with many honors, including a Scripps Award in 2000, a Dance Magazine Award in 2010, a TED Fellowship, a 2012 Grammy® Award Nomination, and several Cannes Lion Awards at the International Festival of Creativity. In 2015, Pilobolus was named one of the Dance Heritage Coalition’s “Irreplaceable Dance Treasures”.
Pilobolus Dance Theater is the present-day vehicle for over forty years’ worth of Pilobolus’s most inventive and groundbreaking choreographic work. The company tours extensively in the United States, splitting time between performing and teaching, and creating new works in the Pilobolus Lab’s International Collaborators Project.
Image: Pilobolus, "On the Nature of Things," photo by Robert Whitman